If you’re still shopping for this holiday season, you’re in luck! It’s not too late to find cool presents for the gals in your life who are active and committed to regular workout regimens. Skip the boring gift card and opt instead for something that she can use repeatedly. Obviously, these are opinions, of course, and you can substitute brands if you like, but here are some of the best fitness gifts for women this year:
Best Fitness Gifts for Women
- Workout apparel – Who doesn’t need another pair of yoga pants? Or capri tights? All women realize that looking good boosts confidence and motivation, so splurge here if you can with an item or two from lululemon or Athleta, which are premium brands that perform well and last a long time. Peruse tanks, bra tops, jackets, sweater wraps and more, while considering their favorite activity (yoga, boot camp, swimming, etc.). These aren’t inexpensive, but are known for their quality, and you can be sure that they’ll delight the lucky recipient.
- Earbuds/headphones – Even if the woman in your life already has some, she probably could use another pair, and may not be as likely to treat herself. Wireless headphones from Fitbit are sweatproof and have premium sound quality; a dual microphone that blocks background; six hours of battery life; and multidevice connectivity so you can listen to your GPS, music, and phone all at the same time. Jabra Elite Sport wireless earbuds deliver excellent sound, which you can tweak via a handy sound output app. For runners, Vi earbuds stay put, have a great sound system, and include a friendly A.I. companion, who reports how fast you’re going, how far you’ve gone, where you’re going, your heart rate and even your step rate.
- Gym bag/backpack – Most of us would appreciate something to replace our worn-out totes. Check out the Sol and Selene Motivator Backpack, which looks hip and has enough room for gym gear and your laptop. Or choose a fun design with a whimsical saying in a bright color bag from Ban.do.
- Water bottle/Shaker cups– Ditch old plastic bottles and trade up to a sleek stainless steel S’well version, which keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours, and hot for as many as 12 hours. The bottles come in a variety of cool designs; plus, the company donates some proceeds from each sale to UNICEF to provide clean drinking water to kids around the world. The Klean Kanteen stainless steel bottle is simple, easy to clean and doesn’t hang onto flavors. Or try the BlenderBottle Insulated Stainless Steel Shaker for the woman who enjoys protein shakes and smoothies on the go!
- Resistance bands – Inexpensive, versatile and portable, elastic resistance bands deliver strength workouts anywhere, anytime – even when on the road. Get her a kit with a few different intensity levels to offer challenge and progress for all the major muscle groups.
- Gloves – Determine what she needs the most, and pick those. There are new boxing gloves, weight training gloves and outdoor gloves for running that all seem like little things – but actually make a big difference. Reebok makes cute boxing gloves, Sanabul has cool weight training gloves and Run With Me running gloves are smartphone-friendly and reflective for safety.
- Massage or bodywork – Most fitness fanatics will treasure a massage or chiropractic appointment, or even a recovery method like cryotherapy, particularly after a competitive event. Or book a spa day, and let her choose from several options, including water therapy, skin treatments and more. Help them take better care of their body with this valuable gift of experience.